sâmbătă, 10 februarie 2018

condemned - poem


we are condemned to be free
free to shackle ourselves
to gold to bling to rings and love
love makes all wither away
drains the soul and eats the brain
we are condemned to be free
free to shackle ourselves
chains rot and so do we
in every man’s eyes there’s just
a glimmer of death
a long, lost glaring look
nothing makes sense,
neither does pain,
there are gods but
she doesn’t care.
no point
no way
I won’t jump off the stairway
because there’s some music to play
just one more song,
just one more track,
just one more fill
before I go
cue the jazz, commence the waste
whoever loves and leaves,
may gods punish him.

it's all a sham
anyway
it's all a sham

no one gets to pack up and leave
and come back and pack up and
leave again because all these
end(s)
make one waste away
cuts down at the flame
I tried it all and yet, still, resent
despite not having touched any but that
I pay the crime and do the time
over and over and over
jazz band, just
play me out
and let me drop behind the courtains

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu